Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Surprise! Friends from All Over

I've been a member of a freebie/deals/sales message board for several years now (though we mainly just chat about everyday life now. lol). My friend, Lisa, came all the way from California last year to spend time with my family. We hit it off and she came back for a visit again this summer. We had a great time - though a slower time than last year due to the baby. We went to a local Amish community on Friday and had a lot of fun shopping and eating.

Here's a picture of Lisa and I.


Saturday, she wanted to go to lunch at a local restaurant. When we got there, I got the surprise of a lifetime! Waiting for me were five more of my online friends, two husbands and one daughter. lol I had never met four of them before. Once I decided that they weren't mass murderers or crazy, they all came back to my house and we spent the day chatting, laughing, drinking wine (them), and taking lots and lots of photos!! It was so much fun to meet everyone and get to know them. We had people from five different states and just listening to the different accents was so cool!
Here's the group of beautiful ladies that showed up to surprise me...

Back Row: Kathy, Krista, Jennifer
Front Row: Judi, Me, Shannon, Lisa
Center Front: Noah & 'K'


Before leaving town, they all came back over for breakfast Sunday morning and more pictures! I was so sad to see them go, but went straight to bed and napped as soon as they all left. LOL I truly love every one of them and miss them so much. I sure wish they all lived closer. I've always said that I have the best online friends ever and now I have proof! ;) Thanks ladies for the wonderful surprise.

The next morning....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet! Now I'm going to be famous! LOL! It was a great weekend - unforgetable! Can't wait till the next time. ;)

Hugs,
Lisa

Judi in WI said...

Well do you have a bunch of hotties for friends.

Marian said...

What a wonderful surprise for a wonderful lady! :D