On August 4th Noah gifted me with his first, big, social smile. There's nothing in the world as wonderful as a baby's smile....but this leads me to Aug 5th. We were in Arkansas at the time and staying with my dad. Noah and I had just woke up and were laying in bed chatting. Well, I was chatting. He was listening. When all of a sudden he looked towards the wall behind me where not even a picture hung. His face lit up in a wondrous grin and his eyes shone with a brilliance I hadn't seen before. It was at that moment I knew I was in the presence of my baby girl. I had often wondered if she would come visit Noah after he was born and if he could really see her as I believed. Now I knew. He wasn't looking at the wall, but focused on something much closer, something that was making him grin like never before, something that had him even laughing out loud! My baby boy was enchanted and I just knew my little girl was in the room with us saying hello. It was such a blessed, bittersweet moment. It's been almost a month and I hope she comes back by for a visit soon.
The very next day we had moved on to my mom's. I was sitting in her recliner feeding Noah when she walked over to me and handed me 3 beautiful, crocheted butterflies and asked me if I wanted them, that Granny had made them. I did cause I love butterflies and set them on the table next to me. The next morning I got up, sat in the same chair and began to feed Noah. I looked over and realized I got blue butterflies. I GOT BLUE BUTTERFLIES FROM GRANNY!
Since Macy passed to Heaven I have been telling my family and friends that if you go before I do to send me a sign that you're okay...to please send me butterflies and please if at all possible, send me blue butterflies to let me know that Macy is there with you and you are both okay. Granny passed in February... I got my blue butterlies! :) (and also confirmation that Macy had been there the day before)
Here's a pic of my beautiful, blue butterflies.
3 comments:
Oh, Sherry, that's amazing. I wasn't able to breathe the whole time I was reading. Praise God for your blue butterflies! And that Noah knows his big sister.
...sigh...your stories will make me smile all day.
Hugs,
Suz
Sherry knowing that Macy has come to visit with Noah will be a memory you cherish forever.
The blue butterflies as well as their meaning are beautiful.
Big Hugs.
Sherry, I am so happy for you. Truly amazing!
Post a Comment